With most businesses having online shops nowadays, gift cards have become an increasingly popular choice over cash when it comes to shopping at particular stores or using certain online platforms....
Google Play gift card is issued as a payment method by the popular Google company. This article will provide all you need to know about Google Play gift cards.
All Android users have direct access to Google Play Store. As much as there are several free apps on the store, you can use a Google Play gift card to pay for premium apps. Not just that, it’s also an acceptable payment option for other content like movies, music, books, and magazine.
It’s available in two forms which are physical and virtual Google Play gift cards. Each comes with a preset amount of money that can be used to pay for an item or a variety of items in the store. Continue reading to learn more about Google Play gift cards.
Features Of Google Play Gift Card
1. No Expiration Date
Your Google Play gift card can be redeemed anytime you choose. No expiry date is attached to any Google Play gift card. It eradicates the urgency or fear of using it late for you.
There is end-to-end encryption for all Google Play gift card purchases you make. To ensure a secured transaction, your personal details and card information are not saved on the online store.
3. Available In Various Denominations
Based on your budget, you can get any Google Play gift card you can afford. It’s available in various denominations ranging from $10 to $220 and 5 Euro to 100 Euro.
Uses Of Google Play Gift Card
1. It Can Be Used As A Gifting Option
The idea of gifting has been revolutionized since the invention of gift cards. Most people especially in the US appreciate gift cards instead of random items as gifts. You can gift your friend or loved one a Google Play gift card. This saves you the headache of figuring out the perfect gift item to buy. You also offer the chance to buy whatever they want on Google PlayStore.
2. Subscription Payments
Google Play gift cards can be used to pay for subscriptions on platforms like YouTube. Instead of using your credit or debit card to add funds to your Google Pay account, just use your Google Play gift card. Redeem the gift card and the fund will be added to your Google Pay account.
3. To Buy Movies
There are several movies and TV shows available on Google PlayStore. You need a payment method to access them. This is where the Google Play gift card comes in. Also, you don’t need to necessarily buy. You can rent the movies instead. If you are subscribed to the Google Play Family Plan, you can share the rented or purchased movies with up to 5 members. If not, you can do that by clicking on the menu icon in your Google Play app, selecting Account, then Family.
4. Purchase Books And Magazines
Books and magazines are at your fingertip with a Google Play gift card. There is a vast library of books and magazines covering sports, entertainment, and business on the platform. You can easily use your Google Play gift card to purchase for anyone of your choice.
5. To Purchase Premium Applications
As much as there are free apps available for use on PlayStore, there are premium versions of them. Need access to advanced functions of a certain app you admire? Use your Google Play gift card to make payment for the app.
6. Exchange For Cash
If you are based in Nigeria or Ghana, you shouldn’t miss out on this use. Asides from all the other amazing uses of Google Play gift cards, they can also be a source of income. With the ideal gift card trading app, you can easily exchange your Google Play gift card for naira or cedis.
How To Redeem Google Play Gift Card
- Open the Google Play Store application on your device.
- Scroll to the upper-right corner and tap on your profile.
- Select the “Payments & Subscription” option from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Redeem the gift code.”
- Enter your Google Play code in the required field.
- Click on the “Redeem” button.
Where To Buy Google Play Gift Card
You can buy your Google Play gift cards from Google Play Store or Nosh. Let’s look at how you can buy from each of these platforms.
How To Buy Gift Card From Google Play Store
- Go to the Google Play gift card page.
- Click on the “Buy Online” button.
- Select a retailer of your choice.
- Enter the amount you want to buy.
- Select a delivery option.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to complete your purchase.
How To Buy Google Play Gift Cards On Nosh
You can easily buy your gift cards on Nosh.
- Go to the Nosh website and log in.
- Click on the “Buy Gift Card” option.
- Search and choose the gift card country e.g United Kingdom.
- Search and select the gift card brand name e.g Google Play UK.
- Select the gift card amount you want to buy.
- Indicate the quantity.
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- Verify the details you entered and swipe right to complete the purchase.
- Once successful, your Google Play gift code will be sent to your email address.
How To Check The Balance On A Google Play Gift Card
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Click on the ‘Payments & Subscription” tab.
- Check for your current Google Play balance.
How To Convert A Google Play Gift Card To Cash
- Go to the Nosh sign-up page. Or download the mobile app on PlayStore/App Store.
- Create an account and verify your email address.
- Go to the “Sell Gift Cards” option.
- Select your gift card details like the brand name, subcategory, and amount you want to sell.
- Upload your Google Play gift card images.
- Click on “Begin Trade.” Once done, your transaction will be reviewed and approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s Google Play Gift Card Used For?
Google Play gift cards can be used to purchase entertainment content. You will get access to movies, music, books, and applications.
2. Can Google Play Gift Card Be Used On iPhone?
No, Google Play gift cards are only designed for Android users.
3. How Much Is A $100 Google Play Gift Card?
Currently, a $100 Google Play gift card in Nigeria ranges from NGN46000 to NGN55000. You can leverage the rate calculator feature on Nosh to find out the current rate.
4. Why Is My Google Play Gift Card Not Working?
There are reasons you may be getting that Google Play gift card error. First, ensure you entered the code correctly with no spaces or dashes. If the issue still persists, your Google Play gift card may not yet be activated.
5. Does Google Play Gift Card Expire?
No, the Google Play gift card does not expire.
This article sums up all you need to know about Google Play gift cards. They are great payment options for making purchases on PlayStore. They are also great gifting options for friends on special occasions. You can sell a Google Play gift card for cash on Nosh. All you need to do is create an account and you can start trading on the spot.