As a gift card trader, there is a high probability that you’ve traded a Google Play gift card in the past. This article focuses on the different pictures of Google Play gift cards and how to identify them.
Google Play gift cards are mostly used by Android users and can be used to redeem items on PlayStore. Items include mobile applications, games, movies, books, and TV shows. They are also great gift options for friends and family.
If you want to sell Google Play gift cards, use the best platform in Nigeria to do that. No other platform than Nosh. The gift card trading platform is committed to giving the best trading experience.
Different Types Of Google Play Gift Cards
There are two major types of Google Pay gift cards: physical and digital.
1. Physical Google Play Gift Card
These are in form of plastic that you can touch with your hand. You can easily buy them at physical stores that sell gift cards. When you buy from online stores, it will be shipped to your address. They are available at various prices, including $5, $10, $15, $25, $50, $100, $200, and $500.
2. Digital Google Play Gift Card (Ecode)
This is the most commonly purchased type of Google Play gift card. This could be attributed to the ease and convenience of purchase. Upon purchase, they will be sent in form of a set of codes to your email address. Compared to physical cards, the probability of misplacing digital gift cards is very low.
How To Identify A Google Play Gift Card
Being able to identify a Google Play gift card when you see one is important, especially for a newbie.
1. Check Google Play Card’s Code
One of the ways to quickly identify an original Google Play gift card is via the number of codes on it. They are different based on the denomination of the gift card. Generally, there are 16 digits of code on the back of a Google Play card. However, a $100 gift card has 21 digits, while a $10 Google Play gift card has 20 digits. You will find a serial number written at the top of the barcode. If the gift card was purchased at an on-site store, you will most likely find the code at the front. Any Google Play gift card with less than 16 digit code is most likely fake.
2. Avoid Purchasing Google Play Gift Cards From Unreliable Platforms
To avoid stories that touch, do not purchase gift cards from platforms like Facebook marketplace or Craiglist. There is a possibility they might have been stolen and used by online fraudsters. It’s highly recommended to buy from the Google Play site or buy a gift card from reputable platforms like NOSH. This will help ensure you are in safe hands and eliminate the risk of losing your money.
How To Redeem A Google Play Gift Card
I will cover how you can redeem both Physical and digital Google Play gift cards.
1. Redeeming Physical Gift Card
- Visit the Google Play website or go to PlayStore mobile app.
- Scroll to the top of the page and click on your profile.
- Select “Payments & Subscriptions”
- Tap on “Redeem gift code”
- Tap on “Scan gift card”
- Get a pin to scratch the barcode.
- Input the code into the required field.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button.
2. Redeeeming Digital Gift Card
- Visit the Google Play website or open the PlayStore application.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the page and tap on the profile picture.
- Tap on “Redeem gift code”
- Punch the code into the required field.
- Tap on the “Redeem” button.
How To Troubleshoot Issues When Redeeming Google Play Card
These tips will help you troubleshoot issues when trying to redeem gift cards.
- Confirm the gift card you are redeeming is a Google Play gift card. Other gift cards like iTunes, Amazon, and Steam cannot be redeemed on PlayStore.
- Double-check and confirm you entered the correct code.
Google Play gift card is one of the most popular gift cards in Nigeria. They have a great resale value when you exchange them for cash on Nosh. Before trading, ensure to confirm you have the original Google Play gift card. You can use the tips discussed in this article to be sure.