A Walmart gift card is one of the gift cards you can gift to friends and family. They are available in two forms which include the physical and digital (E-codes) forms. With a Walmart gift card, you can easily shop for groceries or clothing from home. They can be redeemed to make purchases online or in-store. This article will teach you how to redeem Walmart gift cards. Keep reading to find out!
How To Redeem Walmart Gift Cards (Step-by-step Guide)
1. How to redeem on Walmart website
To redeem your Walmart gift card on the brand’s website, you can do so at the point of checkout or add it beforehand to your account. Note that, your gift card needs to have a PIN before you can use it to make a purchase online. Go through the few steps below:
- Visit Walmart’s official website.
- Search and select the items you want to purchase.
- Proceed to checkout. You will be redirected to sign in with your email address.
- Enter your delivery address.
- Input your gift card number.
- Enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Click on “Apply gift card”
2. How to redeem at Walmart store
To redeem your Walmart gift card at the store, you will need to go with the plastic card. For digital Walmart cards, go with the printout or you will have to show the cashier your email containing the code. Once you provide the form you have to the cashier, your purchase amount will be deducted from your card’s balance.
Note that you can also use your Walmart gift card as a payment option in other stores like Sam’s Club and gas stations.
How To Redeem Your Walmart Gift Card For Cash
The use of a Walmart gift card is not limited to making purchases, you can decide to sell your Walmart gift card for cash. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the Nosh website or install the mobile app on PlayStore/AppStore.
- Create an account and verify your email address.
- Login to access your dashboard.
- Select “Sell Gift Card”
- Select your gift card brand name i.e. Walmart.
- Select the subcategory of your Walmart gift card.
- Enter the amount of the gift card you want to sell.
- Upload the images of your gift card.
- Click on the Proceed button.
Tips To Resolve Issues While Redeeming Walmart Gift Card
- You may get an invalid pin error if you entered the wrong letter or digit. Ensure to verify before proceeding.
- In the case of the “the gift card number and PIN do not match” error, you can wait for 24hrs to try again.
- Note that you can only redeem a Walmart gift card in the US.
- Contact Walmart customer support if none of the above tips worked.
Frequently Asked Questions About Walmart Gift Card Redemption
1. Where Can I Buy A Walmart Gift Card?
You can buy a Walmart gift card online from NOSH. Other kinds of gift cards are also available for purchase at good rates.
2. Where is the Card Number on a Walmart Gift Card?
Generally, there is a 16-digit gift card number located on the front of your card.
3. How Do I Activate a Walmart Gift Card?
Digital Walmart gift cards do not require activation. However, physical Walmart cards worth $250 and more need to be activated before they can be redeemed. Walmart will send you a mail containing a link and activation guidelines. Click on the link and enter your card number and PIN.
4. How Much Is $100 Walmart Gift Card In Naira?
A $100 Walmart gift card’s current worth in Nigeria is around NGN25,000 to NGN45,000. This is not constant because it is determined based on market conditions. To be up to date with the current rate, use the rate calculator on Nosh.
I believe you now have a good idea of how to redeem your Walmart gift card. With simple steps covered in this blog post, it’s hassle-free. To redeem your gift cards for cash, sign up on the Nosh website or download the app.