My birthday was last week Tuesday and I had a small birthday party
I only invited some of my inner circle friends.
My friends brought me different enticing gifts,
Like jewelry, shoes, bags, fragrance, and many more.
What really stood out for me was a particular gift.
My best friend got me a Steam gift card.
That was my first time getting a gift card as a gift ever.
I cherished it so much that I kept it safe inside my pouch bag, lol.
Okay, I have a special pouch bag I keep things I cherish but that’s not the point here.
Just yesterday, I was curious about confirming the balance on the card before trading.
Checking the balance on your gift card is an ideal step to take before using it. In this article, I will guide you on how to check your Steam gift card balance.
Introduction to Steam Gift Cards and Their Popularity as a Gift Option
Steam gift card is a huge deal for gamers. With a steam gift card, you can access an unlimited library of games and other entertainment media. So, it makes sense as a gift option for your family and friends that love playing games.
Many people choose to give out Steam gift cards as a gift due to various reasons. Well, I explained how I so much cherished receiving it on my birthday. The excitement your gamer friend will feel will be unquantifiable. The recipient of a Steam gift card can use it to buy video games or other software on the platform.
It is also easy to give out as a gift because the distance isn’t a barrier. So, a virtual Steam gift card is ideal for your friend that lives far from you. Another amazing thing is that it is available in various denominations. You can easily get one that fits your budget.
The icing on the cake is that the Steam gift card is one of the gift cards with the highest resale value in Nigeria. Do you get the gist? This means it goes beyond redeeming games. Especially in Nigeria, the best way to make the most of gift cards like Steam cards is to redeem them for cash.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Check the Balance on a Steam Gift Card
As I mentioned earlier, it is very much ideal and recommended to check the balance on your Steam gift card. I can take a pretty good guess that you are currently reading this piece because you want to check your Steam gift card balance. Let’s check out the various ways you can get that done below.
Option 1: Checking the balance through the Steam website
1. The first step is to visit the Steam website on any browser of your choice.
2. Navigate to the top right corner of the first page to log in.
3. You can sign up with your personal details if that’s your first time.
4. Click on your username in the top-right corner and select “Account Details”.
5. A page will show up with different sections, locate “Payment Methods” and tap the “Manage Steam Wallet” button.
6. You will be directed to the Steam wallet page where your current balance is stated.
7. The next thing you need to do is add the funds on your new Steam card to your wallet so that the added balance can show.
8. Click “Add Funds to your Steam Wallet” and follow the instructions.
9. Once that is done, the new balance will be revealed.
Option 2: Checking the balance through the Steam mobile app
1. Install and open the Steam mobile app.
2. Navigate to the top-left corner and click on the menu icon.
3. When the menu comes up, select “Account Details”
4. Some sections will appear, scroll to “Gift Card Balance” and click on it. The balance will be displayed.
After step 3, if you do not see the gift card balance section, this means you have never added a steam gift card to your account.
To do this, simply click on the “Add Funds” button which you will see in step 3. Input your card details accordingly to add the funds. You can then click on the Gift card balance section to confirm the card’s value.
Option 3: Checking the balance through the Steam client (desktop application)
1. Launch and open the Steam client on your desktop application.
2. In the top menu, locate the Store tab and click on it.
3. Navigate to the top-left corner of the screen and select “Account Details”
4. Next, tap the “Payment Methods” section.
5. Next to “Steam Wallet” is a View button. Hit the button
6. A new page will come up with your current balance
Tips for Troubleshooting Issues That May Arise When Checking the Balance
1. Incorrect login details can be a problem. So, ensure to confirm the details you are entering.
2. When a steam gift card hasn’t been activated, you won’t be able to check the balance. Ensure to activate your Steam gift card.
3. When entering the gift card details, review for any errors before you proceed.
4. Confirm to see if the gift card has expired. Some do come with an expiration date.
5. A technical issue is a thing too. You can try using alternative devices or use another internet connection.
Lastly, reach out to the customer support team if all the above is checked, but the problem still persists. Also, you can check out my other guide on Common Steam Gift Card Errors and How You Can Resolve Them.
Conclusion and Summary of the Different Methods for Checking the Balance of a Steam Gift Card
Irrespective of the device you have, you can easily check the balance on your Steam gift card. If you plan to check the balance on your phone, ensure to download the mobile app from Playstore or App store. You can also launch the Steam client application on your desktop. While entering your card information and code, ensure to input it correctly.
Additional Information on Selling Steam Gift Cards or Using the Balance to Make Purchases on the Steam Platform.
What next after checking your balance? The ideal step is to sell your Steam gift card for cash especially if you are based in Nigeria. Make sure to get the best gift card trading app to carry out that activity.
Among all the gift card trading apps in Nigeria, Nosh remains the best because of the amazing services users enjoy. Go to Playstore or Appstore to download the app and start trading.
Other activities to do after a balance check include purchasing games and other downloadable software on Steam. It can also be given out as a gift to loved ones.