Similar to several retail stores, Amazon offers a variety of payment methods like credit cards, debit cards, prepaid gift cards, and Amazon Pay. And if you are looking for a place to spend your Visa gift card balance, Amazon is a good platform.
Therefore, before you can use Visa gift cards on the Amazon platform, you need to add the gift card to your Amazon account to serve as a means of payment.
In this article, I will be sharing with you a step-by-step guide on how to go about using your Visa gift card on Amazon, the world’s biggest online retail store as long as Visa is supported there. Afterwards, we will learn how to buy an Amazon Gift Card with a Visa Gift Card and then the benefits of using a Visa gift card on Amazon
So if you have a Visa gift card you are in for a good ride, because you have a very useful tool in your hands.
How to Add a Visa Gift Card to Your Amazon Account
- Log into your account on the Amazon website.
- Navigate to “Accounts & Lists” at the top of the page.
- From the drop-down option, choose “Your Account”.
- Then, select “Your Payments” from the menu.
- Click “Add a payment method” under the “Payment methods” heading.
- Hit “Continue” after selecting “Credit or debit card”.
- Fill in the Visa gift card information like the card number, expiration date
- Input the billing address
- Press the “Add your card” button.
How to Use a Visa Gift Card for Purchases on Amazon
- Go through the Amazon website and add your preferred items to the cart
- When done click on the cart icon and click on “Proceed to checkout”
- You’ll then choose a Visa gift card from the list of saved payment options under the “Payment method”.
- Confirm your order and hit “Place your order”, and your Visa gift card balance will be deducted.
Also Read: How to Use Vanilla Gift Card on Amazon
Frequently Asked Questions About Visa Gift Cards on Amazon
1. Can I use my Visa gift card with any Amazon account?
Yes, you can, as long as you add the card to your Amazon account.
2. What if my Visa gift card doesn’t cover the total cost of my order?
You can use your Visa gift card for partial payment and cover the remaining balance with another payment method.
3. Do Visa gift cards expire?
Yes. Visa gift cards can expire 7 years from the date of purchase. You can check the expiration date on your Visa gift card; they usually have an expiration date for preference.
4. Can I use multiple Visa gift cards on Amazon?
No. You cannot use more than one Visa gift card on a single transaction on Amazon.
5. How do I check the balance on my Visa gift card?
You can know your Visa gift card balance by calling the toll-free number on the card or you can check via the issuer’s website after entering the necessary details.
6. Can I use a Visa gift card to purchase anything on Amazon?
Yes. You can purchase whatever you wish on Amazon using your Visa gift card, just make sure you are using an activated card with enough balance on it.
7. Can I use a Visa gift card to buy an Amazon gift card?
Yes, it is possible. We did not touch this during the main content, however, a way to do this is to sell your gift card on a reputable platform like Nosh App, and afterwards go ahead and buy your Amazon gift card.
8. Why is Amazon not letting me use my Gift Card?
If you are having trouble with using your Visa gift card on Amazon, it might be because the card has been used on your account or another person’s account.
Using Amazon for shopping is easy and if you have a Visa gift card you have a value at hand if you know how to use it for shopping on Amazon.
I trust that this article has shown you how to add a Visa gift card to your Amazon account and use it during checkout. Now go ahead and make use of this information. Happy shopping!