Wondering how to use a Vanilla gift card online? Continue reading to find out.
Gift cards are generally used to make purchases. Let’s focus on Vanilla gift card here.
Vanilla gift cards are a great gift choice for friends, family, clients, employees, etc. It is not news that you can use a Vanilla gift card to make purchases in-store. However, there have been questions as regards its use online.
This article will provide answers to your questions. Let’s get started.
Can I Use My Vanilla Gift Card Online?
Yes, using your Vanilla gift card online is possible. What you need to confirm is that the platform you want to use it on does accept visa debit cards. Keep in mind that you can only use the loaded amount on your Vanilla gift card. To use your Vanilla gift card, just make sure you have the gift card number and the security code (PIN). Then, you can use it like a standard debit or credit card.
How To Activate Vanilla Gift Card
- The first step is to visit the Vanilla gift card website.
- Sign in by entering your Vanilla username and password. If this is your first time, click on “Account Setup” to create one.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and 3-digit PIN in the required field.
- The next step is to create a 4-digit PIN as you would do for a normal ATM card.
- Once done, tap the “Activate” button.
How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online
There is nothing special or difficult about using a Vanilla gift card to make transactions online. It’s simply how you use your regular Visa cards for online payments. Let’s look at the steps involved.
Before making the transaction, first, confirm you have enough balance on your Vanilla gift card to cover the expenses.
- Punch in your Vanilla card details in the payment section like the card number, expiration date, and CVV code.
- Input your name and address in the “billing address” section.
- Proceed to complete the transaction.
- Once the payment is successful, the checkout amount will be deducted from your current Vanilla gift card balance.
How To Use Vanilla Gift Card On Amazon
You can use a Vanilla gift card as a payment option on the Amazon website and Amazon app. Let’s check out the step:
On the Amazon Website
- Visit the Amazon website and sign in with your details.
- Navigate to the account section at the top right corner of the page.
- Then, scroll to the Manage and Payment Options section.
- Tap on the “Reload your balance” yellow button.
- The next step is to input your Vanilla gift card number.
- Enter the amount you want to load into your Amazon account.
- You will be directed to the next page. Click on the “Gift cards” section and type in your Vanilla gift card number and security code.
- The amount you entered will be loaded into your Amazon account and you can then make purchases with it.
On The Amazon App
- Log in to the Amazon website.
- Scroll to the “Account” section on the menu list.
- Navigate to the Payment section and click on “Your Payments”
- Click on “+Add” to add a new payment method.
- Choose “Add credit or debit card”
- Input the gift card number name and expiration date.
- Click on the “Add your card” button. That’s it! Vanilla gift card is now one of your payment options on Amazon.
- Proceed to use it as your payment method.
How To Pay With Vanilla Visa Online
Before starting, ensure you have your Vanilla Visa card and a stable internet connection.
- Visit the platform of the retailer you want to purchase from.
- At checkout, select Credit or Debit as a payment option.
- Input your Vanilla Visa card number. It’s usually 16 digits.
- Input the price of items you want to purchase.
- Click on the prompt indicating to complete the purchase. You may be required to enter your zip code and billing address.
- Tap on the “Confirm” button.
How To Transfer Vanilla Gift Card Balance
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to transfer vanilla gift card balance:
- First, ensure you have your Vanilla gift card number, the account number for the recipient account, and the amount you want to share.
- Sign into your Vanilla gift card account.
- Click on the Transfer Balance option.
- Type in the recipient account number.
- Input your Vanilla gift card number.
- Type in the amount you want to transfer.
- Tap on the “Submit” button.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Use Of Vanilla Gift Card Online
Do Vanilla gift cards expire?
Yes, the Vanilla gift card expires after 9 years from the date of purchase. However, the funds on the gift card do not expire. So, there is an option of getting it loaded on another Vanilla gift card.
Why is my Vanilla gift card not working online?
Your Vanilla gift card is not working online because you probably entered a billing address that doesn’t match the one on your gift card.
Why is my Vanilla gift card being declined?
The main reason why your Vanilla gift card may be declined is that it is yet to be activated. Follow the processes discussed earlier to activate your gift card. Alternatively, locate the customer support line on your gift card and contact them to process it for you. Another reason may be that you don’t have enough balance on your Vanilla gift card to complete the transaction.
Now you have the answer to how to use a Vanilla gift card online. Always make sure to confirm the platform you want to use it on accepts Vanilla gift cards. Review the details you entered to avoid declined card errors.
Additionally, you can sell your Vanilla gift card on the Nosh website. Not just that, sell your Visa gift card or other kinds of gift card for cash.