Digital transfers have become easy and convenient over the years with the presence of platforms like Cash App. From research, I discovered that many Cash App users are looking for ways to transfer money from their gift cards to Cash App. In this guide, I will break down the different ways to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App.
Not familiar with Cash App? Cash App is a peer-to-peer digital platform where you can transfer and receive money, bitcoin, and stocks via the app. Now that we are on the same page, let’s look at how to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App.
Different Ways To Transfer Money From Gift Cards To Cash App
There are three main methods you can use to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App. Let’s break them down:
1. Add Gift Card Directly To CashApp
This method is a viable option if you have a MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express gift card.
- Sign up and log in to Cash App on your device.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and select Balance.
- Tap on the “Add Cash” option and input the amount you want to add to your Cash App account.
- Tap on the “Add” button and choose the type of gift card that you have e.g. Visa.
- Input the gift card details which include the card number, CVV code, and expiration date.
- Complete the transaction by hitting the “Add Card” button
Now that you’ve added the gift card, the next step is to transfer the money.
- Log in to your account on Cash App.
- Tap the “Balance” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Add Cash” option and type in the amount that you want to transfer from the gift card to your Cash App balance.
- Hit the “Add” button and choose the gift card you want to transfer money from.
- Type in your gift card details including the card number, CVV code, and expiration date.
- Tap on the “Add Card” button.
Once done, the money will be transferred from the gift card to your Cash App balance.
2. Exchange Your Gift Card For Cash
Gift card trading platforms like Nosh save the day here. In a few minutes, you can easily sell your gift card for cash on the Nosh website or mobile app. Follow these outlined steps to quickly do that:
- Create an account on Nosh and verify your account.
- Log in and select the Sell Gift Card option.
- Select the gift card category e.g. GameStop.
- Select the subcategory of the gift card e.g. USA GameStop Ecode.
- Enter the amount and quantity you want to sell.
- Upload the image of the gift card. In the case of an Ecode, type it out in the comment field.
- Proceed and complete the trade. Your ban account will be credited once the transaction is approved.
Now, follow these steps to add the fund to your Cash App.
- Log in to the Cash App on your device.
- Tap on the “Balance” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “Add Cash” option.
- Type in the amount you got from the gift card exchange on Nosh.
- Confirm the transaction. Once done, the fund will be added to your Cash App balance.
3. Use PayPal To Transfer Money From Gift Card To Cash App
The process here is to link your gift card to PayPal and then transfer the funds from PayPal to your Cash App account.
- Create an account on PayPal and log in.
- Scroll to the “Wallet” section.
- Click on the + icon above the Add Credit Card section.
- Add your gift card details and confirm the lining process.
To transfer the funds from your Paypal to Cash App:
- Log in to your PayPal account and click on the “My Cash” tab.
- Click on the “Add Cash” option.
- Select the “Add from PayPal” option.
- Input the amount you want to transfer from your PayPal to Cash App.
Once it’s processed, the fund will be added to your Cash App.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I add a gift card to the Cash App?
Yes, you can add specific gift cards directly to the Cash App. They include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express gift cards.
2. Can I transfer money from a gift card to Cash App?
Yes, you can transfer money from a gift card to Cash App. The first step is to add the card gift card, and then you proceed to transfer the funds to it.
3. Are there any fees associated with adding a gift card balance on the Cash App?
No, there are no fees attached to adding gift card balances on the Cash App. The process is free and straightforward.
4. What should I do if the gift card is not accepted on Cash App?
If your gift card isn’t accepted on Cash App, sell the gift card for cash on Nosh and add the cash to Cash App.
In this article, we’ve explored how to transfer money from a gift card to Cash App. With the different options broken down, the process should be easy.
If you have certain gift cards like Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, you can add to CashApp and transfer the funds. For other types of gift cards, sell the gift card on Nosh and add the exchange fund to Cash App.