Gift cards have been around for a while now. If this is your first time getting to read about gift cards or your first time wanting to sell, I got you covered. This article addresses how to sell gift cards in Nigeria.
Gift cards are majorly issued by retailers, financial institutions, restaurants, and others. They are mainly produced to make payments easy for customers or users. Another benefit for the issuers is to promote brand awareness and increase sales. They exist in two different forms which are physical and digital gift cards (Ecodes).
Exchanging gift cards for cash is the new trend among youths in Nigeria. And yes, it’s legal to sell gift cards. Continue reading to learn more.
Different Types Of Gift Cards In Nigeria
There are two major types of gift cards in Nigeria. These are closed-loop gift cards and open-loop gift cards.
1. Closed-Loop Gift Cards
These are also referred to as single-purpose gift cards. This is because they are restricted to use only at the issuing company. Each gift card always carries the company’s logo which indicates where it can be used. Examples of these gift cards include Amazon gift cards, Apple Store gift cards, restaurant gift cards, and others. They exist in both physical and digital forms. The physical gift cards can be purchased on-site or ordered online and it will be delivered to the mailing address. For the virtual gift cards, you can purchase them on the brand’s website and the code will be delivered to your email address.
2. Open-Loop Gift Cards
These are issued by banks and financial institutions like MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. These types of gift cards can hold a higher amount compared to closed-loop gift cards. They are widely used and accepted by many merchants as payment options.
Where To Sell Gift Cards In Nigeria
Nosh is the best place to sell gift cards in Nigeria. The platform is highly recommended and has proven to be reliable and trustworthy over the years. Nosh is an embodiment of the amazing features needed to help you enjoy a seamless trading experience. Check them below.
1. Swift transaction: no time to check time is the watchword among youths and we definitely put that into consideration. Within a few minutes, an average of 5 minutes, you will be done with your transaction. The steps involved and pretty simple and straightforward.
2. Fast payout: once you provide the correct card details, click on begin trade. The rest is on us as we will process your exchange and credit your account.
3. Secured platform: we’ve ensured to make our platform safe from cyber threats. You can rest assured as we have everything under control.
4. Best rates: Nosh offers the best rates for all gift cards in Nigeria. Our rates cannot be compared with others. You can always the rate calculator available on the website and app to check the current rate.
5. 24/7 customer support: we dey for you anytime any day. Contact us for via live chat on the website or in-app chat support. You can also send an email address or call directly.
How To Sell Gift Cards Online – Nosh
A step-by-step guide to sell gift cards on Nosh.
- Firstly, visit the Nosh website or download the Nosh app.
- Sign up for a new account. Details required include full name, email address, phone number, country, and password.
- Verify your email address. Once done, sign in with your email address and password.
- Navigate to the left-hand side of the page and click on “Gift Cards.”
- Select “Sell Gift Cards”
- Choose the gift card name in the category list e.g Apple
- Choose the subcategory of your gift card.
- Enter the amount of the gift card you want to sell.
- Click the cart icon to upload the gift card image.
- Tap on “Begin Trade”
List Of Gift Cards Available For Exchange on Nosh
You can sell these gift cards on Nosh within a few minutes
Steam Gift Card
Amazon Gift Card
Apple Store Gift Card
Razer Gold Gift Card
Google Play Gift Card
American Express Gift Card
Best Buy Gift Card
eBay Gift Card
iTunes Gift Card
Walmart Gift Card
Nordstrom Gift Card
Walmart Visa Gift Card
Target Gift Card
Xbox Gift Card
Sephora Gift Card
Visa Gift Card
Nike Gift Card
JCPenny Gift Card
GameStop Gift Card
Mac Gift Card
Macy’s Gift Card
ColourPop Gift Card
Netflix Gift Card
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Sell Gift Cards On Nosh?
It’s pretty straightforward to sell your gift cards on Nosh. You can visit our website or simply install the app on your device. There are required fields you need to fill like the gift card name, the amount you want to sell, and the picture. Once you provide them, your exchange will be processed and your account will be credited.
Are My Transactions Secured On Nosh?
Your security is our priority. Both your card details and money are safe and secured with our high-level encryption technology.
How Can I Reach Out To Customer Support?
You can contact any of our customer support via email ([email protected]), live chat, or contact number (+234 8125349466) . There is an in-app chat support included in our application as well. Issues are addressed anytime you need us.
Exchange of gift cards in Nigeria has become the new norm. You only need to tap into the financial opportunities it offers. With the right platform, you can seamlessly sell your gift cards. Many of the gift cards covered above give the highest rates. They include Steam gift cards, Walmart Visa gift cards, Razer Gold gift cards, Macy’s gift cards, American Express gift cards, etc. Get started by downloading the app on Google Play Store or App Store.